Replace Volkswagen Routan cabin filter. This tutorial is for model from year 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
In this tutorial you find step by step where is located and how to change VW Routan cabin filter by yourself.
Where is located VW Routan cabin air filter?
Maintenance of a car differ from a vehicle to another. If you car service is approaches, below you can see how to change air conditioning filter.
- Open the glove compartment. Remove the panel from the right side of the dashboard and remove the same the panel located under glove box.
- Remove the screw from the glove box, do not forget the screw behind the glove box.
- After you remove all screw pull the glove box out. Here you will see cabin air filter housing. Remove filter housing cover to see VW Routan cabin filter
- Pull the old filter straight and replace with then new Volkswagen Routan cabin filter with the air flow arrow pointing down.
- Replace all pieces back in the reverse order (cabin air filter housing cover, glove box compartment, all screws).
Pictures can be different from one car to another but the procedure is the same.
Why is necessary to replace the cabin air filter? Is necessary to replace this filter to protect you and your passenger from bad odors, some allergen, from pollen and is very important if somebody from your car is allergic to pollen, dust and other particle.
Source: Service owner manual, google and other forums.