When you need to replace cabin air filter you need to follow some simple steps.
Locate Jeep Cherokee cabin air filter.
The Jeep Cherokee KL cabin air filter is located inside of the car on the passenger side in front of the evaporator on the lower right of center console.
- Remove the passenger side console closeout cover.
- Pull the console closeout cover rearward to disengage the front retaining tab and remove the cover.
- Pull down the passenger hush panel under the dash panel Console Closeout Panel
- Remove the filter door by pushing down the tab on the top of the door to release the cover then rotate the door out and lift up.
- Remove the A/C air filter by pulling it straight out of the housing. Take note of the air filter position indicators. Hush Panel Air Filter Cover Location
- Install the A/C air filter with the air filter position indicators pointing in the same direction as removal. The A/C air filter is identified with an arrow to indicate airflow direction through the filter. Failure to properly install the filter will result in the need to replace it more often.
- Install the passenger side hush panel under the dash panel and console closeout.
The A/C air filter is identified with an arrow to indicate airflow direction through the filter. Failure to properly install the filter will result in the need to replace it more often.
Source: 2015 Cherokee Owner Manual