How to replace the fuel filter on Ford Focus 2000-2008
Learn how to replace the fuel filter on your Ford Focus from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
Fuel filter is one of the most important filters that are used on a vehicle. It helps protecting your engine from being filled with impurities that comes with the fuel. You should always replace the fuel filter according with your car owner’s manual and service plan.
In order to replace your Ford Focus fuel filter you will need the following:
- Basic socket set
- A new fuel filter
- Vehicle owner manual
- Safety glasses to protect your eyes.
- Disconnect the fuse related to the fuel pump motor, which in under your hood.
- Read your owner manual to find out which is it. Normally it should be fuse no. 12.
- Start your engine.
- Open the fuse box (is under the hood).
- Remove the fuel pump motor fuse. This will relieve the fuel pump pressure and will stop the engine.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. You could use a 10 mm fastener.
- Lift your car up in a safe way. You must get access under your car, on the passenger side.
- Locate the fuel filter.
- Remove the screw that holds the bracket on the fuel filter attached to your vehicle’s body.
- Remove the bracket from the old fuel filter.
- Remove the plastic clips off the line attached to the fuel filter by pushing on them with your finger.
- Attach the bracket on the new fuel filter.
- Install the new fuel filter back on your Ford Focus. Don’t forget to attach the lines on the fuel filter also.
- Reconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Reconnect the fuel pump fuse.
- Start the engine to get the air out from the system.
- Check for leaks under your car.
This DYI tutorial on how to replace the fuel filter on Ford Focus was made on a 2005 model. The fuel filter can be different from one year to another, but the procedure is the basically the same. Don’t forget to take all the safety measures and to be carefully on the maintenance you do to your vehicle. We won’t be held responsible for any damage you could do during the maintenance work.
Also don’t forget to replace your car’s other filters: engine filter and oil, cabin air filter and so on.
You find this DYI tutorial useful? Share it with your friends!