How to replace the fuel filter on a Chevrolet Cobalt 2007 LS. If you want to replace the fuel filter on a Chevrolet Cobalt you should follow these steps:
- Check your owner’s manual to find out the type of the fuel filter you should use.
- Locate the fuel filter. The fuel filter is located in the rear of the car, near the fuel tank, between the back wheels. You have to lift your car by using a jack in the right back side of the car.
- Remove the fuel pressure. For this you have to remove the fuel pomp relay out of the fuse box and start the engine. It will stumble and then will turn off. Now the system is depressurized.
- The fuel filter is being held attached to the body of the car by a collar. You will need a wrench size 10 to remove the bolt of the collar.
- Remove the pipeline at each end of the fuel filter. To open them you can push on the blue buttons (if they aren’t blue on your car you can fill the small lifts on the pipeline, like buttons). For the other pipeline you should use a pipe disconnect tool.
- Remove the old filter.
- Insert the new fuel filter and install back the pipelines.
- Secure the new fuel filter by screwing on the bolt of the collar.
- Put back on the fuel pomp fuse and put the key in the ignition on the ON position. Then put it back to OFF and repeat the ON position. Now is time to look for possible leaks. If everything is ok you can start the engine and drive it for a test.
You should always think about your safety when starting a procedure like this one: secure carefully the vehicle on the jack, use gloves, wear safety glasses for protection and be careful not to hurt yourself. Check your car’s owner manual before starting the task.