Replace the cabin air filter on a Chevrolet Sonic 2012-2014. The cabin air filter in your car is stopping the impurities and dust from getting into you cabin. The air filter also known as air conditioning filter is increasing the quality of the air that gets into your car through the heater or air conditioning system. It is important to change Chevrolet Sonic cabin air filter at the recommended period for your car.
Locate Chevrolet Sonic the cabin air filter
- The cabin air filter in Chevy Sonic is located behind the glove box compartment.
Replace Chevrolet Sonic cabin air filter
- Open the glove box compartment and remove all the items inside.
- Release the side walls and side clips of the glove box.
- Find the plastic damper arm and take it out.
- Lower the glove box compartment.
- Find the cabin air filter housing and press on each side to release the left and right side clips.
- Remove the plastic cover and you will see the old cabin air filter.
- Remove the old cabin air filter.
- Insert the new cabin air filter and make sure that you introduce it correctly into the housing. The air flow arrow should point down.
- Insert the left and right side clips.
- Arrange back in place the glove box compartment and secure it to the car’s body.
This tutorial is made on 2012 Chevrolet Sonic. For 2013, 2014 Chevrolet Sonic procedure is the same but the pictures may be different. We are not responsible for any damage caused by intervention on the car after reading this tutorial. We recommend that all interventions to be made in an authorized service.