Where to locate and how to replace GMC Acadia cabin air filter. Under normal operating condition the cabin air filter should be replaced every 12.000 miles or 12 months. In dusty areas change the cabin air filter more often.
Where is located GMC Acadia cabin air filter from year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
GMC Acadia cabin air filter is located under glove compartment.
How to change GMC Acadia cabin air filter:
- Open glove compartment and remove the pins from each side of the glove compartment, then leave glove compartment to hang down like you see in picture bellow.
- Twist the glove compartment retainers and pull outward to remove this. Here you will be able to see cabin air filter housing cover.
- Remove the cabin air filter housing from the heater – A/C housing and then remove the cabin air filter element from the housing.
- Install cabin air filter housing cover and engage the retainers.
- Install the glove compartment to the instrument panel.
- Replace glove compartment back in place and install the pins.
Why is necessary to replace the cabin air filter?
The GMC Acadia pollen filter is designed to remove much of the dust, pollen, pollutants and bacteria penetrate into the interior, protecting the health of passengers and in particular children. In general, it is advisable to change cabin filter every 10.000 miles and especially spring due to accumulations of dirt and moisture in autumn / winter. Besides the health aspect also contributes to the comfort and driver visibility filters were used as effects, odor and misting particularly humid days.
Click here to see where is locate GMC filters.
If your GMC Acadia air conditioning performance seems lower than expected, check the A/C air filter and the front of the A/C condenser for an accumulation of dirt or insects.
Pictures can be different from one car to another but the procedure is the same.
Source: GMC Acadia owners manual.