Where to locate and how to replace Buick Enclave cabin air filter. Where is located Buick Enclave cabin air filter from year 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
Buick Enclave cabin air filter location:
- Buick Enclave cabin air filter is located under glove compartment.
How to change Buick Enclave cabin air filter:
- Open glovebox compartment, unclip the arm from the right side and then remove the stops (twist the glove compartment retainers and pull outward to remove the stops) from each side of the glove compartment.
- Leave glove compartment to hang down like you see in picture bellow.
- Here you will be able to see Buick Enclave cabin air filter housing cover.
- Remove the cabin air filter housing from the heater – A/C housing (release de retainers of cabin air filter housing cover) and then remove the cabin air filter element from the housing by pulling out the cabin air filter frame.
- Install new Buick Enclave cabin air filter with the airflow arrow pointing down and the install cabin air filter cover and engage the retainers.
- Install the glove compartment to the instrument panel.
- Put glove compartment back in place and install the pins.
Why is necessary to replace the cabin air filter?
Under normal operating condition the cabin air filter should be replaced every 12.000 miles or 12 months. In dusty areas change the cabin air filter more often.
The Buick Enclave pollen filter is designed to remove much of the dust, pollen, pollutants and bacteria penetrate into the interior, protecting the health of passengers and in particular children. In general, it is advisable to change cabin filter every 10.000 miles and especially spring due to accumulations of dirt and moisture in autumn / winter. Besides the health aspect also contributes to the comfort and driver visibility filters were used as effects, odor and misting particularly humid days.
Click here to see where is locate Buick filters.
If your Buick Enclave air conditioning performance seems lower than expected, check the A/C air filter and the front of the A/C condenser for an accumulation of dirt or insects.
Pictures can be different from one car to another but the procedure is the same.
Source: Buick Enclave owners manual.
12 thoughts on “Where to locate and how to replace Buick Enclave cabin air filter”
Yeah that is not the set up for a 2009 Buick Enclave.
Please tell us what model of enclave do you have, what engine and if you find the place where is cabin air filter locate please let us know.
2009 enclave … No filter there is no filter at all
What is procedure for 2015 Enclave?
2008 Buick Enclave .How do I remove the cabin air filter there are no tabs
Sam, were you able to figure this out? I also have a 2008 Enclave, but I don’t think it can be removed easily. It looks like it is a dealer installed item?? Let me know. Thanks.
I have the same issue with no tabs… Did you ever find out how to get it open?
Also have a 2008 enclave cxl 3.6 , need info on cab filter
There is a procedure – you basically have to “cut out” the current opening. There is a kit that has the filter holder and these tabs that then slides in after the cover has been cut out. It’s easy with a drill and hacksaw blade. I’ll see if I can link the procedure
Hi Todd. Were you able to find the link to this procedure?
I still don’t see how to do this
My 2011 Buick Enclave doesn’t have a snap on it have two bolts in it