Do it yourself, change the fuel filter on your Ford Escape, the model produced in the years 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005. This is a rather simple replacement, that you can do in less than half an hour. If you plan to service this filter by yourself, you must always keep in mind that you have to acquire and use a compatible filter.
You can make this particular replacement using only a flat blade screwdriver. We also recommend you a drain pan, because some fuel will be spilled inevitably.
1. Fuel filter location on your Ford Escape 2002-2005:
- The fuel filter on your Ford Escape is located underneath the car, somehow on the middle, more to the driver’s side and it should look like the one seen in the next image.2. How to replace the fuel filter on your Ford Escape made between 2002-2005:
- Start the engine of the car;
- Because you need to relieve the pressure in the fuel system, locate and unplug the relay for the fuel pump;
- After the engine stops, lift the car on a jack or an elevator to access the filter easier;
- Use a flat blade screwdriver and pry out the metal clips that secure the fuel lines connected to the filter (see details below);
- Pull the two fuel lines out, but make sure you have a drain pan underneath, because some of the fuel stored on the lines will come out;
- Use the same screwdriver to loosen the clamp holding the filter;
- Pull out the old filter, but be careful, additional fuel from the filter will come out;
- Install the new, compatible filter, into its mounting support;
- Plug back the two lines and secure them with the metal clips;
- Tighten the clamp that holds the filter;
- Clean the area for any residual fuel;
- Plug back the relay for the fuel pump.
Why should you replace the fuel filter on your car? This filter stops the impurities found in the fuel you use on your car and so, keeps your fuel pump and engine running properly. The fuel pumps and the engines can be damaged by impurities in the fuel, due to a clogged filter, so make sure you replace the fuel filter on your car regularly.
One thought on “How to change the fuel filter on Ford Escape 2002-2005”
Thanx man life is easier with help, I appreciate your post.