Do it yourself, change the air filter on your Celica, the model manufactured by Toyota between the years 2000 and 2005. The replacement process is quick and easy and can be done in less than 15 minutes, using only a 10 mm socket wrench, with a ratchet.
1. Where is located the air filter on your Toyota Celica 2000-2005:
The air filter on your Celica is located inside a plastic air box, on the driver’s side, behind the front grille, as seen in the picture below;
2. How to change the engine air filter on your Toyota Celica 2000-2005:
- Open the hood;
- Remove the two metal clamps that secure the lid of the air box, as you can see below;
- You will not be able to lift the lid until you disconnect the mass air flow sensor and loosen the clamp that holds the intake hose (you can use a 10 mm socket wrench on the screw that secures it);
- Lift the lid of the air box;
- Remove the old air filter;
- Vacuum inside the box (this is an optional step, but we recommend you do it, especially if there is a lot of dirt or debris in there);
- Install the new air filter;
- Place back the lid of the air box and seal the filter inside (make sure the plastic lid is aligned properly);
- Secure it with the metal clips;
- Tighten the hose clamp;
- Reinstall the mass air flow sensor.
Why is necessary to replace the engine air filter regularly? This filter is used to clean the air that enters the engine. If any debris would escape into the engine of your car, that could damage it, resulting in very expensive repairs. The best way to keep your engine safe and running in normal condition is to service the air filter regularly.