Do it yourself, change the air filter on your Celica, the model manufactured by Toyota between the years 2000 and 2005. The replacement process is quick and easy and can be done in less than 15 minutes, using only a 10 mm socket wrench, with a ratchet.
1. Where is located the air filter on your Toyota Celica 2000-2005:
- The air filter on your Celica is located inside a plastic air box, on the driver’s side, behind the front grille, as seen in the picture below;2. How to change the engine air filter on your Toyota Celica 2000-2005:
- Open the hood;
- Remove the two metal clamps that secure the lid of the air box, as you can see below;
- You will not be able to lift the lid until you disconnect the mass air flow sensor and loosen the clamp that holds the intake hose (you can use a 10 mm socket wrench on the screw that secures it); This step is optional, but we recommend you to do it this way, in order to avoid damaging anything;
- Lift the lid of the air box;
- Remove the old air filter;
- Vacuum ;
- Place back the lid of the air box and seal the filter inside;
- Tighten the screws around the lid.
Why is necessary to replace the engine air filter regularly? This filter is used to clean the air that enters the engine for dust and debris that the intake might collect. If any debris would escape into the engine of your car, that could damage it, resulting in very expensive repairs for you. The best way to keep your engine safe and running in normal condition is to service the air filter regularly.