Change Jeep Grand Cherokee cabin air filter from year 1999 to 2010. To replace Grand Cherokee cabin air filter from year 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 follow next steps:
Cabin air filter on Jeep Grand Cherokee is located outside of the car on passenger side.
- To replace Jeep Grand Cherokee cabin air filter first time you need to open hood.
- Pull back weather-strip from passenger side of cowl.
- Remove fasteners on passenger side of cowl.
- Lift up passenger side of cowl.
- Remove filter from filter housing. If installing for the first time, remove and discard factory filter inlet cover. Purchase and insert new filter housing.
- Replace old Jeep Grand Cherokee cabin air filter with the new one.
- Reassemble all pieces back in place.
Why you should replace Jeep Grand Cherokee cabin air filter?
Dodge Journey pollen filter is designed to remove much of the dust, pollen, pollutants and bacteria penetrate into the interior, protecting the health of passengers and in particular children. In general, it is advisable to change cabin filter every 12.000 miles and especially spring due to accumulations of dirt and moisture in autumn / winter. Besides the health aspect also contributes to the comfort and driver visibility filters were used as effects, odor and misting particularly humid days.
Source: Jeep Grand Cherokee service owner manual.