How to change the gasoline filter on a Skoda Octavia 1. Replacing the fuel filter on a car is a simple job which can be done by you at home.
The gasoline filter on a Skoda Octavia is located under the car, on the right side, before the behind wheel.
Is recommended to climb your car on a higher place. The jack is not recommended because is unstable.
Changing the gasoline filter will only you 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the break cable.
- There are 2 tubes that have to be removed: you can find one black (in) and one with blue color (the one which goes to the engine). The colors or symbol could be different from car to car, but this will be mentioned on the new filter (In, Out, RL).
- You will need a pair or pincers at 90 degrees or an old screwdriver with the peak curved at 90 degrees.
- First you have to open the plastic clip that keeps the filter in place.
- Then introduce the pincers in the 2 holes of the clip to separate these 2 parts (rings). Then you can easily remove rings. The ring from the duct that goes to the engine is going downwards and the others upwards.
- Be careful at the duct that goes to the engine.
- It will have some pressure but is not dangerous. Be prepared with a can because some gasoline will be leaking (0,1-0,2 l).
- Insert the new filter. Pay attention not to insert it in the opposite direction (the filter has an arrow on it).
- Put the plastic clip to secure the filter and then insert the ducts. Secure the ducts with the rings and be careful to put them on their proper place. Put back the break cable.
- Then you should put the contact on and press the throttle 2-3 times by 3 seconds each time. You shouldn’t start the engine yet because during the replacement of the gasoline filter air is being absorbed inside. Then you should start the engine and verify if there are no leaks.