How to change engine oil on BMW 3 series E90, E92 and E 93.
How to replace engine oil by yourself on BMW 3 series from 2004, 2005, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
To change engine oil you need to have prepared: filter wrench, gloves, drip pan, stands, safety glasses, wheel clocks, engine oil, engine oil filter, funnel, engine oil drain container. After you have all of this you can change engine oil.
Where is located engine oil drain plug?
- To have access on engine oil drain plug you must uninstall the engine shield protection.
- Remove engine oil drain plug.
- Open the hood and take out the engine oil-filler cap and let all the oil to drain from the engine.
- Engine oil filter is located under the hood on the driver side.
- Open engine oil filter cover by unscrewing and take out.
Change engine oil filter
- Pull out the old engine oil filter and insert the new one.
- Replace the O-ring.Install new filter back in place.
- Reinstall the drain plug on the engine.
- Use a funnel and add the new motor oil.
- Check the service manual to know the amount of oil needed to be added.
- Start the car and check for leaks.
Install protection shield.