How to change the cabin filter on Toyota Solara made in 2002 to 2009.
To change the filter Toyota Solara is not necessary to go to a service, it is very easy to change it by yourself. To do this it is only necessary to purchase a new cabin filter and to follow a few steps. It is necessary to change the Toyota Solara cabin filter every time you change and air filter, engine oil and oil filter.
Why change the cabin filter on Toyota Solara?
Cabin filter is positioned on the access path of air in the cabin of the car and is designed to filter the air from the ventilation system. This filter prevents it from entering the passenger compartment of the car to pollen, dust, insects, seeds hairs and other substances or objects that can cause allergies or are harmful to health.
If you change the cabin filter for Toyota Solara it is likely to clog and air flow that reaches the cabin to be very low leading to a failure heating and cooling and a big time fan operation on automatic climate control systems.
To change the cabin filter on Toyota Solara in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 must follow the instructions below:
At Toyota Solara cabin filter is located behind the glove box on the passenger side.
- Open the glove box compartment and remove the screw how secure damper rod on the right side of the glove compartment and detach this from glove box.
- Push on the left and the right side of the glove compartment to release and remove this from the dashboard.
- Here you will be able to see Toyota Solara cabin air filter housing. Remove old filter from the housing by pressing on the side clips of cabin air filter housing cover and pull straight ahead.
- Replace the old filter with the new Toyota Solara cabin air filter and insert in the housing.
- Reassemble glove compartment back in place and attach damper rod and screw.
For any questions or addition please leave a comment to article. Source: Toyota Solara Service Manual