How to change the cabin air filter on a Mini Cooper from 2002-2006
Do you want to learn how to change the cabin air filter on first generation of Mini Cooper by yourself? Read this step by step tutorial.
Locate the cabin air filter
- The cabin air filter on a Mini Cooper from 2002-2006 is located on the passenger’s side, underneath the glove compartment.
Replace the cabin air filter
- Underneath the glove box you will find a black plastic box. In this box is the cabin air filter.
- On the box there are 4 tabs: 2 on the front and 2 on the back.
- Now you have to take the cover of the box off by pushing down the 2 tabs on front and the other 2 on the back. The cover fill fall down.
- Inside the box you will find the cabin air filter. Just pull it out.
- Take the new filter and insert it in the plastic box.
- Inside the box you will see some tracks, on each side.
- The new cabin air filter should go inside, following the tracks. Curve the filter upwards and slowly insert the other end into the housing, with the margins inside the tracks.
- Pay attention on the air flow indicator. It should be pointing down.
- Slowly push the filter inside the housing until the other end reaches the housing.
- Make sure one more time that the filter has the edges inside the tracks. Arrange the cover back on the housing and snap the 4 tabs back in place.
The job of changing the cabin air filter on Mini Cooper 2002-2006 is done.