DIY, change the air filters on your Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z. In this step by step tutorial we show you the location of the two engine air cleaners on your Camaro IROC-Z and the simple process of replacing them.
The air filters on this car can be replaced very easily, without any tools, in less than 10 minutes.
1. Location of the air filters:
- As you can see in the picture below, the engine air filters are located under a plastic cover, in the front side of the car, above the radiator.2. Replace the air filters:
- Open the hood of your car;
- Remove the six silver twist clips marked with blue arrows in the picture below, that secure the plastic cover where the filters are located; rotate them counterclockwise and they will pop up, releasing the cover;
- Lift up the whole assembly and remove the two old air filters;
- Clean the compartments where the filters are located for any debris;
- Install the new air filters;
- Place back the cover, on top of the new installed filters;
- Secure the cover with the six clips by pressing on them and rotating them clockwise.
Why is it necessary to replace the engine air filter regularly? The role of the air filter is to clean the air that enters into the engine. If the filter accumulates dirt, your engine will work harder, consuming more fuel. It is also possible to suck particles inside, this damaging internal components, resulting in expensive repairs. In conclusion, you should replace this filter regularly, to avoid all these unpleasant problems.
One thought on “How to change the air filters on Chevy Camaro IROC-Z”
which way are the flap lines suppose to go though?
left to right? —-
or up and down? |||||