DIY, change the air filter on your Nissan Maxima, quickly and easily. The process described below is for Maxima models made in the years 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. It will probably take you less than 10 minutes to do it. The only tool you need is a flat blade screwdriver.
1. Engine air filter location on Nissan Maxima 2004-2008:
- The air filter is located on the driver’s side of the engine compartment, inside an air box, as you can see in the image below.2. How to service the air filter on Nissan Maxima 2004-2008:
- Open the hood of the car;
- Use a flat blade screwdriver to loosen the clamp that secures the intake hose near the air box;
- Remove the two metal clips that hold the lid of the air box, located on the side to the fender of the car;
- Lift the lid of the air box and move it away to gain access to the filter;
- Remove the old air filter;
- Clean the bottom of the air box for dust and debris;
- Close the air box, but make sure you align the lid correctly, with its three tabs on the side to the intake hose, so that you secure the filter;
- Secure the air box with the two metal clips;
- Tighten the clamp that holds the intake hose.
Why do you need to service the air filter? This filter is responsible for cleaning the air that enters your engine, when it runs. An old and clogged filter might allow dirt particles to get trough, but that can make severe damage to your engine. To avoid this type of problems and to make sure the engine is running fine, consider replacing this filter at regular intervals, or according to the manufacturer’s instructions.