Do it yourself, change the air filter on your Honda Accord, the model made between the years 1998 and 2002. The procedure shown below is for the models equipped with the 4 cylinders engine.
Servicing this filter is an easy task and can be done in just a few seconds. There are no tools required, you just need a new, compatible air filter.
1. How to locate the air filter:
- The air filter on your Honda should be located in an air box, on the passenger’s side of the vehicle, next to the battery, as seen in the image below.2. How to replace the air filter:
- Open and secure the hood of your car;
- Remove the four thumb tabs around the lid of the air filter box, to gain access to the filter. We marked with red arrows the position of the tabs, in the picture below;
- Lift the lid of the air filter box and pull out the old, used air filter (see image below);
- Clean the bottom of the air box for debris, using a wet rag or a vacuum cleaner;
- Install the new, compatible air filter;
- Align the lid of the box properly on top of the filter, in order to seal it and prevent air loss;
- Secure the lid with the four thumb tabs.
Why is necessary to change the air filter regularly? The air filter cleans the air entering the engine of your car, so you must make sure you have a clean filter installed all the time. Dust and debris entering the engine, due to a clogged filter can cause a lot of damage resulting in expensive repairs.