DIY, remove and change the engine air filter on your Ford Mustang. This procedure is for models equipped with the 3.8L V6 engine, made between the years 1994 and 2004. The process is similar for the V8 models as well.
The steps are simple and you will be able to service this filter in a couple of minutes, without any tools. You will only need a new, compatible air filter.
1. Air filter location on your Ford Mustang V6 1994-2004:
- The engine air filter is located inside an air box, on the passenger’s side of the car, behind the headlight, as you can see in the picture below.2. How to service the air filter on your Ford Mustang V6 1994-2004:
- Open and secure the hood of your car;
- Go to the air box containing the engine air filter and remove the two metal clips that seal the box and the filter inside;
- Lift the back part (the one with the intake hose);
- Pull out and remove the old air filter from the air box;
- Clean (vacuum) the air box for dust and debris, if you have the possibility;
- Install a new engine air filter as the old one was;
- Reinstall the back side of the air box;
- Make sure you seal and secure the air filter with the two metal clips.
Why is necessary to replace the engine air filter at regular intervals? If you don’t replace this filter at regular intervals, it might get clogged and it won’t stop dust and debris from entering the engine, that may cause damage and afterwards, very expensive repairs. Replace this filter according to your car’s manufacturer to make sure your engine works fine and to extend its lifetime.