Do it yourself, change the air filter on your Dodge Stratus. The procedure below is similar on models made in the years 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006, equipped with the 2.7L V6 engine.
The replacement process is simple and it will take you less than 15 minutes, if you follow the steps below. You will only require a new engine air filter and an 8 mm wrench or a socket with a ratchet.
1. Engine air filter location on your Dodge Stratus V6:
- The air filter on this car is located inside an air box, on the driver’s side of the car, as you can see below.2. How to replace the air filter on your Dodge Stratus V6:
- Open and secure the hood of your car;
- Go on the left side of the air box containing the filter and remove the harness attached to it there;
- Use an 8 mm wrench or a socket of the same size, with a ratchet and remove the two bolts seen in the picture below (one of them is actually a nut, securing the air box in place and the other one is a bolt that tightens a clamp on the intake hose);
- Pull up and out the entire assembly containing the air box and the air intake hose;
- Push the two tabs on the air box to the interior, in order to release the air filter;
- Remove the old engine air filter;
- Install the new filter as the old one was;
- Seal the filter inside the air box;
- Reinstall the air box and the intake hose and secure them with the bolts;
- Reattach the hook with the electrical harness on the left side of the air box.
Why is necessary to replace the engine air filter? If you don’t replace this filter at regular intervals, it might get clogged and it won’t stop dust and debris from entering the engine, any more. That may cause a lot of damage to your engine, resulting in very expensive repairs. Change this filter to make sure your engine works fine.