Do it yourself, change the engine air filter on your Chrysler Town and Country. This simple replacement procedure is for models produced between 2001 and 2007, equipped with V6 engines. There are no tools required, only a new compatible filter. You will probably do it in a couple of minutes.
1. Air filter location on Chrysler Town and Country V6 2001-2007:
- The air filter is located on the passenger’s side of the vehicle, behind the headlight, inside an air box, as you can see in the image below.2. How to change the air filter on your Chrysler Town and Country V6 2001-2007:
- Open and secure the hood;
- Go above the air box and remove the two metal clips that hold its lid, as seen in the picture below;
- Push down and out on the lid, then lift it up, to gain access to the air filter;
- Remove the old air filter, as you can see in the next image;
- You can use a rag to clean the bottom of the air box for dust or debris, or simply vacuum it;
- Insert the new filter and make sure it sets down correctly;
- Put back the lid of the air box, making sure you align it correctly;
- Close the two metal tabs and secure the lid.
Why is necessary to service the air filter regularly? The air filter on your car has the role to stop dirt and impurities from entering the engine. If you don’t replace this filter at regular intervals and it gets clogged, the dust and debris from the air that enters the engine might get through, causing severe damage. Make sure you service this filter, avoiding unwanted expensive repairs to your engine.