Do it yourself, change the engine air filter on your Chevy Equinox. This replacement is similar on models equipped with the 3.4L engines, produced between the years 2005 and 2009.
The replacement process for this filter is simple and you will be able to do it in less than 15 minutes, using only a flat blade screwdriver.
1. Engine air filter location on Chevy Equinox 3.4L 2005-2009:
- The air filter on this car is located inside the air box behind the headlight, on the passenger’s side.2. How to replace the air filter on your Chevy Equinox 3.4L 2005-2009:
- Open the hood of your car;
- Disconnect the small plug located on the intake hose, as you can see in the picture below;
- Use a flat blade screwdriver to loosen the clamp that secures the intake hose on the side closer to the engine (you can loosen the clamp on the side closer to the air box too, if you find it easier);
- Pull the intake hose off the engine;
- Remove the two metal clips that secure the air box lid (one is located near the tail light, as you can see in the picture below and the other one on the other side, underneath the intake hose);
- Lift the lid of the air box and the intake hose, to access the air filter;
- Remove the old air filter;
- Insert the new air filter into the box;
- Put the lid above the filter and secure it with the clips;
- Reinstall the intake hose and tighten the clamp that secures it onto the engine;
- Reinstall the small plug on the intake hose.
Why is necessary to replace the air filter? The role of this filter is to stop impurities from the air that enters your engine. It assures that no debris get past it, into the engine, because that could cause a lot of damage. Service this filter regularly to make sure your engine runs fine.