DIY, change the air filter on your Cadillac DeVille, produced in the years 1997, 1998 and 1999. The replacement process we show you below should be pretty much the same for models made between 1994 and 1999.
This replacement procedure is very easy. You can do it in a few minutes, using only a flat blade screwdriver.
1. Air filter location on Cadillac DeVille 1997-1999:
- The engine air filter on this car is located inside an air box, on the driver’s side of the vehicle, as you can see in the next image.2. How to replace the air filter on Cadillac DeVille 1997-1999:
- Open and secure the hood of your car;
- Use the flat blade screwdriver to loosen the two screws that secure the clamps on the air intake hose (see next image);
- Pull out the intake hose out, firmly but carefully, at the same time;
- Unplug the sensor shown in the picture below and press the two tabs, in order to release the lid of the air box;
- Lift and remove the lid of the air box;
- Remove the old air filter;
- Clean the bottom of the air box for dust and debris;
- Install the new air filter;
- Reinstall the lid of the air box, securing it with the two tabs;
- Plug back the sensor;
- Reinstall the intake hose and tighten those two clamps.
Why is necessary to replace the air filter? This filter is responsible for cleaning the air that enters the engine. If dust and debris would escape into the engine, that could cause a lot of physical damage, resulting in very expensive repairs. So, make sure that filter is serviced regularly, or if you run your car in dusty areas, replace it more often, to avoid any type of problem with your engine.