Do it yourself, change the air filter on your Buick LeSabre, the model produced in the years 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005. The replacement process for the engine air filter on this particular vehicle is very simple and it will require only a flat blade screwdriver. You will be able to do it in less than 5 minutes.
1. Air filter location on your Buick LeSabre 2000-2005:
You will locate the air filter on your LeSabre inside a plastic box behind the headlight, on the driver’s side of the engine compartment.
2. How to service the air filter on your Buick LeSabre 2000-2005:
- Open the hood;
- Use a flat blade screwdriver and loosen the screw seen in the image below, that secures a metal clamp holding the intake hose;
- Pull out the intake hose working on the side to the engine first and then to the side attached to the air filter box;
- Remove the two clips that secure the lid of the air box, as you can see in the next picture;
- Pull out the lid and gain access to the old air filter;
- Remove the old filter and install a new one;
- Insert the new air filter into the box and secure it with the lid (make sure the tabs at the bottom of the lid are inserted correctly into their slots on the box and seal the filter properly);
- Reinstall the intake hose on the engine first and then onto the air box lid;
- Tighten the screw that secures the clamp on the intake hose.
Why is necessary to replace the engine air filter regularly? The air filter stops the impurities, the dust and debris from the air sucked inside the engine of your car on its daily function. Service this filter regularly to make sure nothing gets into your engine, because that can mean severe damage to the components and very expensive repairs.