Change Acura ILX cabin air filter. Acura ILX cabin air filter is located inside the car, on the passenger side. To change Acura ILX cabin air filter by yourself you need to follow next steps:
Acura ILX cabin air filter is located behind glove box compartment.
- Open glove box compartment
- Squeeze on left and right of the glove box and allow this to hang down.
- After you do this you will be able to see Acura ILX cabin air filter housing.
- Push on the left and the right side tab from the cabin air filter housing cover to release and remove this. After cabin air filter housing cover is removed you can see Acura ILX cabin air filter.
- Pull straight out the old cabin air filter to remove this from cabin air filter housing.
- Insert new cabin filter in to the housing with the air flow arrow pointing down.
- Install cabin air filter housing cover back in place.
- Install glove box compartment.
To replace cabin air filter on 2013 and 2014 Acura ILX is very simple. You can to this by yourself in 5 minutes. Only follow the steps above and you will be able to change your Acura ILX cabin filter.
Acura ILX cabin air filter need to be changed every time when you change engine oil, oil filter and air filter.
Why is necessary to replace the cabin air filter?
The pollen filter is designed to remove much of the dust, pollen, pollutants and bacteria penetrate into the interior, protecting the health of passengers and in particular children. In general, it is advisable to change cabin filter every 15.000 miles and especially spring due to accumulations of dirt and moisture in autumn / winter. Besides the health aspect also contributes to the comfort and driver visibility filters were used as effects, odor and misting particularly humid days.
Source: Service owner manual.