How to change 2014, 2015 and 2016 Acura TLX cabin air filter.
Where is located 2014-2016 Acura TLX cabin air filter?
- The cabin air filter on Acura TLX for the year 2014, 2015, 2016 is located on the passenger side inside the glove box compartment.
How to replace 2014, 2015 and 2016 Acura TLX cabin air filter?
In order to replace the cabin air filter you have to follow some simple steps.
- Open glove box compartment.
- Remove the plastic from inside the glove box.
- Look inside of the glove box compartment to see a plastic piece that covers the cabin air filter housing cover. To remove this put your finger in the indicated hole and pull.
- Squeeze from the left and right side tabs and remove cabin air filter housing cover.
- Pull old Acura TLX cabin air filter out from the housing.
- Insert new Acura TLX cabin air filter in the housing.
- Install cabin air filter housing cover back in place.
- Reinstall the plastic from the back of the glove box.
Why you need to change Acura TLX cabin air filter?
The purpose of the cabin air filter of your car (also known as HVAC filter, pollen filter or air conditioning filter) is to filter the air that is blown from your car’s air conditioning or heater system into the cabin. For a better quality of the inside air you have to change the cabin air filter at least once a year and according to the owner manual of your car. Is important to know that not all Acura cars have a cabin air filter and you have to check it according to your model and year.
This tutorial is for 2014, 2015 and 2016 Acura TLX and was made on a 2015 Acura TLX, but the procedure should be the same.