How to change 2005-2011 Chevrolet Corvette cabin air filter. If your Corvette has a strange and unpleasant odor when you are turning on the air conditioning system or the heater you should replace the cabin air filter.
Locate the cabin air filter on Chevrolet Corvette 2005-2011
The cabin air filter on Chevrolet Corvette 2005-2011 is located under the windshield wipers on the passenger’s side.
Replace the cabin air filter
- Open the Chevrolet Corvette hood.
- Unlash the three tabs on the top of the housing cover and remove it.
- Lift up and remove the old Chevrolet Corvette cabin air filter from the housing.
- Squeeze in the middle the new cabin filter and insert it into the housing with the air flow indicator pointing down.
- Insert back in place the cabin air filter housing cover and secure it with the tabs.
- Close the hood of your Corvette.
Why you need to change Chevrolet Corvette cabin air filter?
The purpose of the cabin air filter of your car (also known as HVAC filter, pollen filter or air conditioning filter) is to filter the air that is blown from your car’s air conditioning or heater into the cabin. For a better quality of the inside air you have to change the cabin air filter at least once a year and according to the owner manual of your car. Is important to know that not all Chevrolet cars have a cabin air filter and you have to check it according to your model and year.
This tutorial is for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 Chevrolet Corvette and was made on a 2009 Chevrolet Corvette, but the procedure should be the same.