How to change 2000-2006 Acura MDX engine oil and oil filter.
Read your car’s owner manual to see the period of changing the oil and oil filter. Also read the type and quantity of oil needed for your Acura MDX.
To change Acura MDX engine oil and engine oil filter from year 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 you need to follow next steps:
- Warm the car by starting the engine and let it warm up.
- You have to empty the engine oil pan. The oil pan is located under the car, on the lowest point.
- Remove the drain bolt of the pan.
- Let the old oil drain in the drip pan.
- The oil filter is located next the engine oil pan inside od the wheel well.
- Use a oil filter wrench to remove the oil filter and let the old oil drip on the pan.
- Make sure that the old gasket is removed with the old oil filter.
- Put back the drain bold to the engine oil pan.
- Insert the new oil filter and secured it to the car.
- Remove engine oil filter cap, this is under the hood.
- Insert the engine oil in the engine pan. You can use a funnel.
Make sure that you don’t pour too much oil. Check on Acura MDX service manual to see what is your engine oil capacity.
- Start the engine and look below of your car to make sure that there are no leakages.
Read your car’s owner manual before starting to replace the oil and oil filter. We are not to be held responsible for any work you decide to do after reading this tutorial.