Acura Legend cabin air filter location. How to find and replace 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 and 1995 Acura Legend cabin air filter.
How to locate Acura Legend cabin air filter?
Cabin air filter on 1991-1995 Acura Legend is located inside of the car, behind glove box compartment.
How to replace Acura Legend cabin air filter?
To change Acura Legend cabin filter follow the next steps:
- Disconnect and isolate the battery ground cable. After this wait 3-5 minute to allow the air bag system power capacitor to discharge.
- Disengage the stops from left and right side of the glove box compartment.
Use extreme caution. Air bag system components are located in this area.
- Remove the bolts and screws who secure the glove box compartment to the dash panel. If is first time when you change this filter you need to cut the plastic cross brace located at the glove compartment to discard the plastic brace.
- Remove the Acura Legend glove box compartment.
- Remove the cabin air filter housing cover.
- Remove the old Acura Legend cabin air filter.
- Install new Acura Legend cabin air filter.
- Install all components back in place.
- Install the glove box compartment.
Acura Legend cabin air filter should be usually changed every 30.000 miles or 24 months. If the vehicle is used in most of the time in cities areas with high concentration of soot and diesel powered vehicles you need to replace cabin air filter every 15.000 miles. You need to change the same Acura Legend cabin air filter if the cabin air flow is less than normal (used cabin air filter can be the reason for this).
Why is necessary to replace 1991-1995 Acura Legend cabin air filter? Is necessary to replace this filter to protect you and your passenger from bad odors, some allergen, from pollen and is very important if somebody from your car is allergic to pollen, dust and other particle.