2001-2004 Nissan Pathfinder cabin air filter location. This tutorial is for model from year 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004.
In this tutorial you find step by step where is located and how to change Nissan Pathfinder cabin filter by yourself.
Where is located Nissan Pathfinder cabin air filter?
Maintenance of a car differ from a vehicle to another. If you car service is approaches, below you can see how to change air conditioning filter.
To change 2001-2004 Nissan Pathfinder cabin air filter follow the next instruction.
- Locate Nissan Pathfinder cabin filter location – this filter is located on the passenger side under glovebox compartment.
- Remove hinge pins and then remove glove compartment, flip down glove compartment, remove screws from glove compartment frame and remove glove compartment frame – after that you will be able to see cabin air filter housing cover.
- Remove clip on tab and then remove first filter – be careful, this model have 2 filters.
- Slide second filter down and then out – remove second cabin filter.
- Replace filters in reverse order – second filter first and then first filter.
- Reassemble all pieces back in reverse order.
Pictures can be different from one car to another but the procedure is the same.
Why is necessary to replace the cabin air filter?
The pollen filter is designed to remove much of the dust, pollen, pollutants and bacteria penetrate into the interior, protecting the health of passengers and in particular children. In general, it is advisable to change cabin filter every 10.000 milles and especially spring due to accumulations of dirt and moisture in autumn / winter. Besides the health aspect also contributes to the comfort and driver visibility filters were used as effects, odor and misting particularly humid days.
Source: Service owner manual, google and other forums.