How to replace Jeep Compass cabin air filter home? This tutorial is for 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 Jeep Compass.
To replace cabin air filter on Jeep Compass you need to follow next steps:
- Locate cabin filter:
- Jeep Compass cabin air filter is located inside of the car, under glove box compartment.
- Change cabin air filter:
- Open glove compartment and push inward on the side of the glove compartment bin to release the stops then leave the glove compartment to hang down.
- Release the glove compartment hinge pins from the hinge from the hinge retainers using a twisting motion then remove the glove compartment.
- Unhook the two tabs which are retaining the cabin air filter cover to the A/C heather housing.
- Remove the old Jeep Compass cabin air filter and then insert the new cabin filter with the air flow arrow facing downward toward the floor.
- Install cabin air filter housing cover back in place. Ensure the cover tabs are properly engaged.
- Put glove compartment back in place to the dashboard panel.
- Use a twist motion to engage the glove compartment hinge to the instrument panel.
- Lift the glove box compartment upward and then push inward on the side of the glove compartment to engage the stops.
Why you should replace Jeep Grand Cherokee cabin air filter?
Dodge Journey pollen filter is designed to remove much of the dust, pollen, pollutants and bacteria penetrate into the interior, protecting the health of passengers and in particular children. In general, it is advisable to change cabin filter every 12.000 miles and especially spring due to accumulations of dirt and moisture in autumn / winter. Besides the health aspect also contributes to the comfort and driver visibility filters were used as effects, odor and misting particularly humid days.
Source: Jeep Grand Cherokee service owner manual.