How to replace 2005 – 2011 Cadillac STS cabin air filter. When your Cadillac STS maintenance period is approaces besides air filter, engine oil and oil filter you must change cabin air filter.
To change the cabin filter must first know where it was mounted on your car. Below is described step by step procedure for locating and cabin filter replacement for Cadillac STS in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Where is located Cadillac STS cabin air filter?
How to change Cadillac STS cabin air filter?
- First time you need to open the hood.
- Pull back weatherstrip from passenger side of cowl.
- Remove screws on passenger side of cowl.
- Remove passenger side of cowl.
- Push in tabs to remove filter housing cover.
- Replace old filter with the new Cadillac STS cabin air filter. Insert the new filter with the airflow arrow pointing to the rear of the vehicle.
- Reassemble all pieces back in place.
If your air conditioning performance seems lower than expected, check the A/C air filter and the front of the
A/C condenser for an accumulation of dirt or insects.
Pictures can be different from one car to another but the procedure is the same.
Why is necessary to replace the cabin air filter?
The pollen filter is designed to remove much of the dust, pollen, pollutants and bacteria penetrate into the interior, protecting the health of passengers and in particular children. In general, it is advisable to change cabin filter every 10.000 miles and especially spring due to accumulations of dirt and moisture in autumn / winter. Besides the health aspect also contributes to the comfort and driver visibility filters were used as effects, odor and misting particularly humid days.
Source: Service owner manual.