Where to locate and how to replace Buick Enclave cabin air filter. Where is located Buick Enclave cabin air filter from year 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
Buick Enclave cabin air filter location:
- Buick Enclave cabin air filter is located under glove compartment.
How to change Buick Enclave cabin air filter:
- Open glovebox compartment, unclip the arm from the right side and then remove the stops (twist the glove compartment retainers and pull outward to remove the stops) from each side of the glove compartment.
- Leave glove compartment to hang down like you see in picture bellow.
- Here you will be able to see Buick Enclave cabin air filter housing cover.
- Remove the cabin air filter housing from the heater – A/C housing (release de retainers of cabin air filter housing cover) and then remove the cabin air filter element from the housing by pulling out the cabin air filter frame.
- Install new Buick Enclave cabin air filter with the airflow arrow pointing down and the install cabin air filter cover and engage the retainers.
- Install the glove compartment to the instrument panel.
- Put glove compartment back in place and install the pins.
Why is necessary to replace the cabin air filter?
Under normal operating condition the cabin air filter should be replaced every 12.000 miles or 12 months. In dusty areas change the cabin air filter more often.
The Buick Enclave pollen filter is designed to remove much of the dust, pollen, pollutants and bacteria penetrate into the interior, protecting the health of passengers and in particular children. In general, it is advisable to change cabin filter every 10.000 miles and especially spring due to accumulations of dirt and moisture in autumn / winter. Besides the health aspect also contributes to the comfort and driver visibility filters were used as effects, odor and misting particularly humid days.
If your Buick Enclave air conditioning performance seems lower than expected, check the A/C air filter and the front of the A/C condenser for an accumulation of dirt or insects.
Pictures can be different from one car to another but the procedure is the same.
Source: Buick Enclave owners manual.