Locate Volvo C30 cabin air filter. How to change Volvo C30 cabin air filter by yourself. Cabin filter on Volvo C30 should be replaced every 15.000 miles or more often if air flow is less than normal.
How to locate and replace step by step Volvo c30 cabin air filter from year: 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Remove the three nuts securing the accelerator pedal to the dash panel.
- Disconnect the electrical connector, then remove the accelerator pedal or you can push the pedal and pull the carpet cover and pull under the pedal to hold it while change your cabin air filter.
- Remove the cabin air filter cover retaining screw.
- Pull the air cabin filter element from the housing.
- Install new cabin air filter element into the housing. If filter is equipped with air flow or arrow markings ensure the marking or arrow is facing in proper direction.
- Install the cabin air filter cover and secure with three attaching screws.
- Reposition the carpet.
Install the accelerator pedal. Tighten the 3 retaining nuts and then connect the electrical connector.
Position the instrument panel center covers to the instrument panel, then secure with the cover with the 4 retaining clips.
Pictures can be different from one car to another but the procedure is the same.
Why is necessary to replace the cabin air filter?
The pollen filter is designed to remove much of the dust, pollen, pollutants and bacteria penetrate into the interior, protecting the health of passengers and in particular children. In general, it is advisable to change cabin filter every 15.000 miles and especially spring due to accumulations of dirt and moisture in autumn / winter. Besides the health aspect also contributes to the comfort and driver visibility filters were used as effects, odor and misting particularly humid days.
Source: Service owner manual.