Easy steps to install the cabin air filter on a 2010 Mitsubishi Triton
Mitsubishi Triton comes without a cabin air filter, but you can install one by following these steps. Note that the decision to install a cabin air filter on your Mitsubishi Triton is up to you and we are not responsible for this.
The place to install the cabin air filter is located behind the glove box compartment. Before starting to remove the glove box you have to deactivate the airbags on passenger’s side.
Install the cabin air filter
- Remove the glove box: open glove box, push a little to the right and down and on the other side pull towards you and drop it down.
- You will see a plastic cover. Behind it is located the cabin air filter.
- Remove the screws from the plastic cover and also the clamp.
- The cover should pop off, but be carefully with
the airbag wiring. Push on the clamp of the plug to remove it from the plastic cover.
- You will see the place where the cabin air filter should be installed.
- Cut the plastic with a sharp razor so you can introduce the cabin air filter.
- Insert the new filter. Pay attention at the small pins next to screws holes. You will notice also the small holes on the front of the new filter. The air flow indicator should be pointing down.
- Put on two screws and secure the filter into the housing.
- Insert the plastic cover back on and also the plug of the airbag wiring.
- Insert back all the screws and clamp.
- Put back on the glove box.
- Turn back on the airbag.
The cabin air filter prevents the bad odour to get into your cabin. The filter protects your health, so you should replace it according to your car owner manual.