How to Change the oil and oil filter at Scion tC. To see what service period you need to do this consult owner manual for service intervals. To change engine oil and oil filter is not very hard, you need to follow some simple steps.
To change engine oil and engine oil filter you need to be prepared with tools and supply.
The engine must be heated so that all the oil used in the engine block to drain more easily.
Before to start to change Scion Tc oil and oil filter you need to have: filter wrench, drip pans, gloves, new engine oil, oil filter, jack and jack stands, funnel, used oil collection container.
After you have all of this and the engine is heated you are ready to start change Scion tC oil and oil filter.
Set the car on jack and jack stands or if you have ramps drive the car on it and remove protection shield
- Put the used oil collection container under oil drain plug and remove it. For oil to drain more easily you need to open the hood and remove the oil fill cap.
- After all oil was leaked put oil drain pan back and remove oil filter.
- Oil filter is located under the car the left side of the oil sump. Use a filter wrench to remove this filter.
- Allow 5 minutes for the all use oil to leaks and insert new oil filter. Use a filter wrench to fix filter.
- After you put the new filter use a funnel in insert in engine the new engine oil.
- To know how much oil to put in engine see in your car service manual your engine oil capacity.
- After you do all of this start you engine for 5 minutes and check for leaks.
- Check the oil level with the dipstick and ad more oil if is necessary.
Do not forget after you change your oil and oil filter to reinstall protection shield.
This tutorial is made for a 2005 Scion tC but the procedures is the same for other models.