How to change Mitsubishi Eclipse cabin air filter. Where to locate Mitsubishi Eclipse cabin air filter when you need to change. In normal use cabin air filter need to be changed every 12 months or 7500 miles. In dusty areas this filter need to be changed early.
Where is located Mitsubishi Eclipse cabin air filter from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005.
Cabin air filter is located inside of the car under glove compartment.
How to change home Mitsubishi Eclipse cabin filter:
- First time you need to remove glove compartment. After you do this you will be able to see cabin air filter housing cover.
- Remove Mitsubishi Eclipse cabin air filter housing cover.
- Remove cabin air filter from filter housing.
- Replace old Mitsubishi Eclipse filter with the new cabin air filter. Insert the new filter with the air flow arrow pointing down.
- Install cabin air filter housing cover back in place. Verify if cover is properly installed.
- Install glove compartment.
Why is necessary to replace Mitsubishi Eclipse air purifier filter?
The Mitsubishi Eclipse pollen filter is designed to remove much of the dust, pollen, pollutants and bacteria penetrate into the interior, protecting the health of passengers and in particular children. In general, it is advisable to change cabin filter every 7.000 miles and especially spring due to accumulations of dirt and moisture in autumn / winter. Besides the health aspect also contributes to the comfort and driver visibility filters were used as effects, odor and misting particularly humid days.
If your Mitsubishi Eclipse air conditioning performance seems lower than expected, check the A/C air filter and the front of the A/C condenser for an accumulation of dirt or insects.
Pictures can be different from one car to another but the procedure is the same.
Source: Mitsubishi Eclipse owners manual.