How to change the air filter on a Mini Cooper S R 56 from year 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
It is important to replace the air filter on your car because a clean air filter means a clean engine. Also the gas mileage is improved which means money savings. The air filter is also called engine air filter and its role is to filter the air that gets into the intake air system of your car.
Locate the air filter on a Mini Cooper S second generation (2006-2013)
The air filter in a second generation Mini Cooper S is located under the hood, in a canister. The shape of this canister can differ from one model to another.
How to replace the engine air filter
- Remove the 3 bolts that secure the air filter housing.
- Disconnect the air flow sensor.
- Loosen clamp on the air flow tube.
- Remove the cover of the housing.
- Take out the old engine air filter.
- Insert the new engine air filter and arrange back in place the cover of the housing.
- Insert back the 3 bolts.
- Insert back the air flow sensor and secure the clamp on the air flow tube by using a screwdriver.
The recommendations of the experts on how often to change your car’s engine air filters are different. The best way is to read the owner’s manual.