How to change 2000-2006 Acura MDX cabin air filter.Where is located 2000-2006 Acura MDX cabin air filter?
The cabin air filter on Acura MDX for the year 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 is located behind the glove compartment.
How to replace 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 Acura MDX cabin air filter?
In order to replace the cabin air filter you have to remove the glove compartment.
To remove glove compartment from the dashboard you need to follow next steps:
- Remove the clips from the left and the right side of the glove box compartment.
- Close the glove compartment and look under glove box compartment to find the two bolts that keep the glove compartment secured to the car’s body. To see the right bolt you need to remove the piece of plastic from the right side.
- Remove the bolts.
- Remove the glove compartment.
If is the first time you are changing the cabin air filter on your Acura 2000-2006 you will notice a plastic bar behind the glove compartment. You will have to cut it and then replace it with a metal bar and secured it with bolts.
The cabin air filter housing cover is secured with a latch. You have to detach it by pulling the latch from the top of the cabin air filter housing cover.
- Remove the old filter by pulling it out.
- Insert the new filter with the air flow arrow pointing the left side of the car.
- Put back the cabin air filter door back on.
- Put back the metal bar and secure it back with bolts.
- Arrange the glove compartment back and secure it with the bolts beneath it. Then put back the clips. On the right side of the glove compartment there is a damper arm which must be attached together.
The cabin air filter should be changed according to your car’s owner manual. We are not to be held responsible for any work you decide to do after reading our tutorials.