Where is the cabin filter located on GMC Yukon from year 1999 to 2005. If the period of service on your car approaches besides oil filter, engine oil and air filter cabin filter must be changed. You can change the cabin filter yourself without going to a service. To change the cabin filter the GMC Yukon must follow the steps below:
Where to locate and how to change the cabin filter on 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 GMC Yukon models:
The GMC Yukon cabin filter is located on the passenger side under glove box compartment.
- Open passenger side door look under glove compartment and remove screws on kick plate located under glove compartment.
- Remove kick plate and screw on filter housing cover and then remove filter housing cover.
- Take out first filter by pulling straight down and then slide second filter forward and then pull down.
- Insert filter in reverse order, first time second filter and then first filter.
- Mount back the filter housing screw and the kick plate.
Where to locate and how to change the cabin filter 2003, 2004, 2005 GMC Yukon models:
- On the passenger side look under glove box compartment and remove screw that secure kick plate and remove it. Here you can be able to see GMC Yukon cabin air filter housing.
- Unclip and swing filter housing cover to right to have access on filter.
- Remove filter by pulling straight down.
- Change old GMC Yukon cabin air filter with the new one reassemble in reverse order.
Why you should change the cabin filter the GMC Yukon?
It is very important to change the filter to protect yourself from the many allergens that can enter the cabin of the car besides dust, exhaust and more. Cabin filter changes every time you technical inspection of the car. If the filter is clogged in car cabin you get less air through the ventilation system even if fan is on maximum or fan work more on automatic air conditioning systems.