Do it yourself, change the cabin air filter on your Volvo V70. This procedure is similar for V70 models made between the years 2001 and 2007, as well as for C70, XC70, XC90, S60 and S80 models.
The process is quite simple and can be done in about 15 minutes, if you follow the simple steps below. You will need a new filter and a T25 torx screwdriver.
1. Where is located the cabin air filter on Volvo V70 from 2001 to 2007?
- The cabin filter is located under the glove box, sealed in a box secured by four screws, as you can see in the image below:2. How to replace the cabin air filter on your Volvo V70?
- Open the door on the passenger’s side;
- Go underneath the glove box and remove the two screws seen in the picture below, using a T25 torx screwdriver;
- Detach the plastic cover;
- Loosen the four screws that secure the filter inside the compartment (see next image);
- Pull out the plastic that covers the filter;
- Take out the filter from its compartment and replace it with a new one;
- Install the new filter with the side without a bar crossing it, facing towards you;
- Place back the lid of the filter box and secure it with the screws;
- Reinstall the cover beneath the glove box;
3. Why is necessary to replace the cabin air filter regularly?
It is very important to replace this filter because it keeps clean and purifies the air entering your car. It also stops pollution, impurities and bad smells to circulate inside the car. This filter is not so much a part for the vehicle’s performance gear as a health and safety device, so change it at regular interval, to make sure you breath a quality air inside your car.